Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I/We have read the latest Author Guidelines and the manuscript conforms with these.
- I have read and understood the author share of publication costs and understand that payment is required within 4 weeks of final acceptance.
- I understand that SBP Journal is published online only, not in print.
- If English is not my/our first language, our manuscript has been read and edited by a fluent English speaker or professional English editing service.
- We have read the SBP Journal ethics policy, and our work conforms with the requirements of this policy. In line with this, we have included a full list of authors and their authorship contributions. All authors agree to submission. We have also detailed all funding information.
- If there are any conflicts of interest in the research recorded here, I/we have fully declared them in the cover letter.
- The manuscript is not under consideration elsewhere and has not been published, in whole or in part, in English or any other language, in another venue prior to being submitted to SBP Journal.
I/we give permission for any comments submitted to SBP to be published on the Comments about SBP Journal website page.
SBP staff will contact me/us if they do plan to publish any comments
- I have provided three to five short sentences highlighting the main findings of my research
- I confirm all authors AND coauthors have registered with the SBP Website
- I/we have provided names and email addresses for 3 potential reviewers.
Part of the cost of papers accepted for publication in SBP Journal (i.e., detailed subediting, formatting and layout, copyediting and proofreading, and digital archiving) is shared with the author(s) concerned. The author share of the publication cost is US$529 per 500 words (or part thereof). The word count includes the title, abstract, keywords, article highlights, author information, main text, references, and tables/figures. Payment is required within 4 weeks of final acceptance to ensure efficient processing.
We value our long-term connections with authors and mark collaboration milestones by applying a 5% discount to the publication costs for an author’s fifth paper, a 10% discount upon publication of a tenth paper, and so on for each subsequent paper in multiples of five. Unclaimed discounts are applicable retroactively to new submissions by authors who have already published five or more papers; contact [email protected] to inquire. This discount will be applied to the invoice total after any journal subsidies are approved.
It is always to the advantage of authors to achieve a concise and direct writing style. This increases the article’s impact in the scientific world and can minimize the author publication cost requirement. Authors are advised to carefully edit their articles to reduce repetitive and unnecessary material that can otherwise impact on readability. Substantial reductions in length (and associated cost) can often be achieved without any loss of scientific rigor.
Immediately following publication, all authors receive 6 months of complimentary access to our database so that they can download and share their own article, as well as searching our full archive of 6,000+ published works. They can also extend their personal access to a full year for only US$79 – a special offer for authors only.
For over 5 years, SBP has been able to manage cost increases and keep our publication fees the same. However, beginning April 1, 2022, all new submissions will be subject to this updated fee.
If you have any further queries, please contact us.
Fast Track Service
If authors would like advance online publication (a “preprint”) of their manuscript, we offer this service through Ingenta Connect Fast Track. A PDF proof can be finalized and available to view on Ingenta within 2 months of acceptance. Preprint articles are available open access and have active DOIs that transfer automatically to the later official publication within a journal issue. Authors can request this at any time after acceptance by writing to the editors. Note that the publication invoice must be paid in full, as well as a US$400 administration fee.
Authors agree that copyright of any article published in SBP Journal is transferred to the journal upon publication.
Social Behavior and Personality maintains an open editorial policy and may or may not endorse the conclusions made in its published articles. Neither the journal nor its publisher, editors or staff assume any responsibility for any material considered to be offensive or defamatory, or for obtaining any copyright permissions necessary for publication of articles.